There has been some negativity towards the term linkbaiting due to the unethical behaviour of some bloggers. Linkbaiting is about building a reputation, writing useful and unique content, publishing your work on the web and finding people that can use your content. It is all about focusing on your target market, understanding your readers and building organic links. You can only build a following and organic links if you focus on writing good quality content for your readers.
Linkbaiting refers to content, photos, videos or anything else that is created with the aim of generating incoming links to a website. Great content that is useful, funny or creates discussion will be linked to by people that want to share it with their friends or customers. In this article we will be looking at linkbaiting techniques that are above board and acceptable to use.
1. Create content that is original, unique and useful
2. Create “wow” content
3. Create content that adds value or provide answers to questions
4. Do not spam
5. Stay on-top of new developments and changes
6. Write your content in the form of stories
7. Allow your readers to provide feedback and act on the feedback received
8. Be the first to write about something
9. Create content that is still valid a year later
10. Be truthful
11. Do proper research and use facts
12. Use survey data and graphs
13. Use attention drawing titles
14. Images and drawings adds a great visual effect
15. Make it easy to link to your content
16. Look for fresh angles
17. Be relevant
18. Encourage readers to link to you
19. Gain and maintain a good reputation
20. Post new content regularly
21. Create and use networks
22. Become a guest blogger
23. Give something away
24. Be passionate
25. Become an expert in your field
26. Stay true to yourself
27. Read, read and read a bit more
28. Use experts and popular people to write guest posts
29. Keep it simple and easy to understand
30. Write about topics that are too hot to handle
31. Encourage discussions about the articles
32. Allow your readers to suggest topics that they want you to write about
33. Hold contests and competitions
34. Develop and promote apps
35. Never give up
There are many linkbaiting ideas and you should be able to think of a few more after reading through the list above. The main difference between link building and linkbaiting is that with link building your focus is on keyword optimization and building links and with linkbaiting your focus is on writing content that everyone wants to link to.
Visit popular blogs and websites and have a look at their content, use of titles and use of linkbaiting techniques. You are never too old to learn or start something new. People will link to your content if you provide something that they can not find anywhere else.
For helpful recommendations in the sphere of one way links – make sure to go through the publication. The times have come when proper info is really only one click of your mouse, use this opportunity.